So I saw this idea on another person's blog. They did not claim responsibility for the idea either as they had seen it elsewhere. She made a posting or two or three, however long it takes to come up with them all of 100 things about her...or me I guess. So I figured I can talk about myself, not that I'm extremely fascinating but it could be fun to come up with 100 random tidbits just for curiosity's sake. So here goes:
1) I was born on the couch at home in England, the couch was green.
2) You know how they say once you learn how to ride a bike you never forget? Well I forgot.
3)When I go to the grocery store I like to poke/crush things. You know like just squish a bag of Doritos or a candy bar, I don't know why I do it. It isn't very nice because someone will eventually buy those things I squish or compress and then they will have "broken" food.
4) I've never had a cavity.
5) I've never broken a bone.
6) I was one of those girls who started oooing and aaahing over babies when I was about 14. Ever since then my mom has made me promise repeatedly to not make one until I'm married.
7) I drive a bright blue Yamaha Vino scooter and I wear a silver helmet while I ride. Both items have a UK sticker on them.
8)My brother used to give me wedgies all the time. Last one I recall he carried me down the hall by my underpants, it wasn't that long ago.
9) I love Tucanos and all its man meat.
10)Spamalot was the first show I ever saw on London's West End. I am convinced it was better there than it would have been on Broadway.
11)I will most likely get skin cancer at a young age and I'm a peeler.
12) When I was six years old I was walking around the park with my Dad and I pooped my pants because I didn't want to go home to use the bathroom. I continued walking around the park with the shite in my pants.
13) I hate it when men think women still run around in their underwear and have pillow fights.
14) I used to love bananas as a child, now I despise them.
15) My two favorite shows of all time got cancelled, Arrested Development and Veronica Mars, something is most certainly wrong with this.
16) I think firefighters are the most attractive men in uniform for sure.
17) I love taking pictures, I'm not that good at it and most of them stay in digital form but someday I will have enough room to print more of them off and hang them up all over my humble abode.
18) Last year I went to Borders almost every friday night and it was one of my favorite things in the whole world to do.
19) I secretly watch a show about a vampire though I publicly mock and scorn those who display interest in the supernatural and fanciful.
20) I don't really think there is much point for me to be friends with married men. Some people my think this is rude but I just don't know what good it does me.
21) My family call me Imelda Marcos.
22) If I could go to any two places in the world right now it would be Italy and Greece.
23)I don't like leather that much.
24)When I walk around listening to my ipod it isn't because I don't want to talk to people I just LOVE listening to my music. Although I do get frustrated when I'm walking to school and I have to turn it off if someone I know is walking with me.
25) I don't like parties, I don't like throwing them because I get stressed out about how it will all turn out and I don't like going to them either, I'm just not a big fan of being in a crowd with scads and scads of people.
26) I could eat a whole can of pringles or an entire bag of one pound red vines in one sitting....disgusting I know.
27)I wet the bed once when I was a teenager because I had a dream I was on the toilet.
28) I think I have only ever done two "dares" in my life. One was from my older sister. We were camping out on the trampoline in our backyard and she dared me to pee under the tramp. The other time I was at a friend's birthday party sleepover and I was dared to kiss a dead/stuffed bird mounted on the wall, it was the dumbest thing I have ever done in my life. I blame in on the fact that they all liked X-Files.
29)The worse sound in the world is an alarm clock going off, no matter if it is mine in the morning or one on a TV show I just can't stand the sound.
30)I like to make my own cards. It was something I did with my mom growing up. Now I have to do it alone which sucks but I still enjoy it.
31) I love driving with the music turned up and the windows rolled down so I can feel the breeze on my face to blow off steam.
32) I am 22 years old and I have gone through puberty but my voice still cracks all the time.
33) I was voted to the city All Star Cheerleading Team for being the loudest in my squad.
34) I have zero coordination which means I don't enjoy dancing. The closest I come to it is in my kickboxing class and those rare moments alone when I am listening to the right song. This also excludes me from most sports as well. Trust me you don't want me on your team.
35)I have a lot of enigmatic dialogue and sometimes no one to help decipher it.
36)I spilt vegetable oil on my cell phone a year ago. I've been saying I need to buy a new one ever since. Now the buttons on my oil soaked phone are even less responsive.
37) People watching, particularly in an airport is one of my favorite things to do.
38) I think it is ridiculous how much money athletes get paid. I know they and their respective sporting event generate revenue but isn't there some way teachers and counselors could get in on some of that money. After all I think they are the ones whose life work is a little more important.
39) I don't really understand what is going on in the middle east despite reading the news every day.
40) I have a green card which is actually pink.
41) I am one of the clumsiest people I know. I walk into door frames on a regular basis. The other day at work I was walking down a ramp and I underestimated space and jarred my hip on the railing, there was no need for that. It hurt like he-double hockey sticks.
42)My sister and I had hampsters when we were younger, they escaped one day and we never found them but every night when we went to sleep we heard them scurrying across the ceiling so we think they went to the attic.
43) I used to play BS with all of my brothers when I was about eight and I would always win because they never expected me to be that accomplished at lying. Now I cannot tell a lie to save my life. I just suck at it.
44) I tried to park our go-cart in a parking stall once forgetting that you can't reverse. My brothers teased me mercilessly.
45)When I was eight we lived in Southern California and we were in a fairly significant earthquake. It happened overnight and when we started shaking in our beds I thought a burglar was shaking our house and trying to get in. Then my dad came to our doorway and told us what was going on.
46)Whenever I go to Disneyland I have to go on the Peter Pan ride first, its tradition.
47) My Dad taught us kids that Albert Einstein was our uncle. We had framed pictures of him up around our house and my Dad was always talking about him. When I went to school and said he was my uncle the other kids made fun of me when my teacher explained reality to me. I was disheartened to learn the truth about Uncle Al.
48)I once laughed so hard that rice pudding shot out of my nose and it was recorded on camera.
49) Last year I asked my friend Jordan what currency they use in Hawaii...ouch.
50) Second grade was my absolute favorite. My teacher took us on imaginary safaris every morning. She put on a circus production every year for our grade which we got to be in. We played maracas while she played the piano in class. We had a thanksgiving feast where we got to dress up like pilgrims and indians. She always had a pool party at her house. We got to take turns massaging her back (obviously I went to elementary school before sexual harassment suits were so prevalent.)
2 comments:
19) I secretly watch a show about a vampire though I publicly mock and scorn those who display interest in the supernatural and fanciful.
I KNEW IT!!!
Not sure if these comments go into your email inbox or not (because if not, you probably won't know that I've written this... Let me know if you do get this...)...
It's been a slow day at work and so I decided that I would peruse your blog - because a). I miss you, b). I realized the other day that I don't think I've ever read your early blog posts, and c). I'm a creeper. Not really though.
I'm sure I read this post before (so much of it sounded familiar), but either way I'm sitting here dying at my desk because you're so funny. You were born on your couch? How did I not know that? Why does your family call you Imelda Marcos? And those lost hampsters? SCARY.
I do have to say that as an observer to your life (I guess that's a good way to describe a friend sometimes), I think you've changed a bit these past 2 years. You've been to Italy AND Greece, you've attended parties with me, and you and I have definitely engaged in a pillow fight before. BUT, you are still Lauren in the ways that matter most - you hate bananas still (right?), you're as hilarious as ever, and your voice still cracks occasionally (but it's alright, mine does too).
Man, I'm glad I know you.
Post a Comment