I have a new found appreciation for growing up with four brothers. I also have an understanding of the lucrative lawn mowing industry and just how those teenage boys make all that money.
I mowed the lawn tonight. First lawn I've ever mowed, I repeat ever. As you may be able to tell from the image, our backyard has quite the slope to it. I expected some sort of major disaster or embarrassment perhaps in the form of a lost or damaged limb, with a bit of luck and lots of sweat I managed to walk away whole. I'm not saying we are going to win any garden competition or that I mowed in straight lines the whole time, but overall for a first time lawn mower, I think I passed.
I'm sure the neighbors enjoyed watching the lawn mower drag me down the hill though.
6 comments:
The mental image of the mower dragging you down the hill made me laugh. Thank you. And congrats, having grown up with 3 brothers I have still never mowed a lawn.
I can't believe you never mowed the lawn growing up. I guess when you have lazy brothers, the duty goes to the next oldest girl.
Fists pumping in the air for my girl Lauren!
Weak sauce! I had 3 brothers and I mowed a LOT. And our lawn was huge and had a slope. I think I win...haha
Congrats on breaking in the mower. I hope your neighbor man stared at you!
I've never mowed a lawn before either! I have 3 older brothers who did it, then we got gardeners. I'd like to do it someday, though. Perhaps with one of those cool lawn mowers you can ride!
Whoa, I'm definitely impressed. That lawn of yours definitely has some slopes. Be careful!
Post a Comment