May 13, 2010

My life in a nutshell...or a bookcase

This week I finally obtained a bookshelf and thus a bit more order in my room. I knew it would not be complete until I found a bookshelf.

I sat on my bed this evening for quite some time just staring at it. I'm glad to have more of me on display. Having pictures on the wall usually makes the space feel like home to me; this time around, the bookshelf is the crowning piece. This little 4x4 bookshelf contains so many objects that reflect my passions and interests.

I was at an institute class several months ago and though I've forgotten the exact context, the instructor posed a question regarding us keeping our college textbooks. I was scoffed at a bit when I raised my hand and told him that I still have the majority of my textbooks. Not the answer he was anticipating I suppose. The bottom shelves are stocked with plenty of art history textbooks and I have no intentions of getting rid of them.

The temple, my dog, a piece of the acropolis, my nephew, good books & pictures, my education, fantastic prints & patterns, are all things that I love.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Your new bookcase is awesome Lauren. You definitely did a great job displaying the things you love. I feel like you could tell a story about each item.

(Love the Anthropologie bowl (bowls?!) and the blue pitcher too).