May 04, 2010

Inflatable Water Craft

Last night I had a dream about my elementary school friend Rie Takata. She is Japanese and let me try the seaweed paper she would always bring in her lunch. In my dream I ran into her while I was in Venice with my family. I was romping around the city on my own and had borrowed someones boat which was apparently inflatable and easily transported under my arm. Each time I came to a canal I would inflate it and wait for traffic to subside, then I would cross. At one point I was crossing a canal and someone else jumped in my boat and then when I got to the other side, I ran into my friend Rie. She did not give me any seaweed paper.

According to my interpretation, this dream is trying to tell me something about my relationships. More importantly it is telling me that I need more international travel plans this summer.


All dreams aside, I'm thinking I need to work on living in the present and being okay with the fact that I am not leaving the country this summer. I'm fairly positive it would help if a certain someone else was staying in the country though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about dreams. I love that you carried the boat under your arm. I'm sure it seemed to make sense at the time.

Meet me in Venice, I'll bring the candy.

Molly said...

But Lauren, I AM staying in the country this summer! ;)

seashmore said...

I love hearing about dreams, too! It's amazing what our subconscious reveals to our conscious through dreams.

And don't feel bad; there are plenty of people not leaving the country this summer. You won't be alone! (Hopefully you're not lonely, either. But if you are, give me a call.)

By the way...my word verification is "heener."

Jul said...

Wait, I know what your dream means. You're supposed to come visit me in Japan this summer! :) Right? You can have all the seaweed you ever dreamed of eating!

emmycakes said...

Lauren Marsh. I had heard about this blog, but for some reason I have never found it. Before now. Now I am addicted. Also, I would like to tell you that I am going to campaign myself...to you. To be your international travel partner. Being single and working has it's perks. Let's do this. I love you.

Courtney N said...

International plans?! I'm down! Where are we going?!