May 20, 2010

An Incubus of Viral Plague

I just completely overexerted myself at the grocery store.

The cold medicine aisle can be so overwhelming when your head feels like a giant balloon.

Not to mention discovering that a small watermelon would put me back almost $7.

I sat in the juice aisle looking lost and forlorn I'm sure. Maybe if every bottle of juice I picked up didn't have high fructose corn syrup listed as a primary ingredient things would have gone more smoothly. Is it too much to ask for a bottle of juice with actual fruit in it?

Bring on the zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d3 and zicam. Fingers crossed I didn't catch strep from the little runts because I don't actually believe in going to the doctors. Let's face it, I don't have health insurance right now either!

4 comments:

seashmore said...

Garlic boosts your immune system, too. And rest. Because, if you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. Ugh, I hope you get feeling better.
And amen to the juice problem. My favorite is Simply Orange with pineapple. Yum.

Shannon said...

Sick again?! Sad day! Who needs a doctor though, when you can curl up under some comfy blankets and watch a good movie to feel better? (Phsychologically, at least). Those are my orders.

I'm praying you feel better soon!