I visited the Sarpy County DMV this afternoon because "the man" made me get a NE drivers license. I give the experience two thumbs down. Poor customer service and lousy signage. Could they make it any more difficult to find the place?
The good news is that I looked great in my picture. I went straight over from work wearing a shirt maimed with drool and who knows what else. My hair was the target of little gogurt covered hands and I clashed with a rambunctious little tot who left me with a fat lip. I have no idea how tall I am and like most other women, I fudged my weight. I'm sure they will hardly recognize me.
I think this means that I really need to kick my job searching up a notch. Although I love these kids, I am not a fan of looking like a hobo on any given day of the work week. It is also disconcerting to be walking around Target and have a finely tuned ear for crying children or to feel something missing because I don't have a little one attached to my hip.
So my good friends, if you hear me complaining about my job, feel free to slap my face and tell me to hurry up and find a new one!
5 comments:
Ooh. I can't wait to see this picture. The idea of gogurt in your hair really makes me laugh :o)
I wish you luck in looking for a new job. It's always such a pain but it's always easier looking for a new job when you already have a job so hopefully it's at least less stressful this time around.
You know, my license pictures have so far been really good. I dread the day when I have to get a knew one. I just know it's my turn to have an awful picture.
Here's to a good job hunting, chocolate-eating, temple-attending weekend.
And THANK YOU again for your wisdom tonight. I needed a better perspective.
I feel you girl. I look like crap at and after work. I wear clothes to work that I would not wear if I were just going out because I know they will get ruined by the kids, which stinks when I have to run errands or something on my way home. I want a new job too. Thank goodness we are moving! btw, we are almost 100% going to live in Village Green. Thanks for the tip! you're a peach!
Sincere congratulations on your good-looking license picture. I am filled with envy. I am always fudging at least 20 lbs on my license.
Jimmy and I saw When in Rome last night. I don't know if you've seen it, but the main girl in the movie is a curator at the Guggenheim in NYC so there are several scenes in the museum and such. It just gave me that pain in the gut all over again...how much we wouldn't give to be enjoying a lovely art-history related job, enjoying artwork on a daily basis and remembering why we went to school in the first place. Being at BYU feels like it was a million years ago. Let's quit everything else and travel.
Gogurt in the hair does sound fetching!! Good luck with the car and job hunting, maybe this is THE year for both?
Post a Comment