January 19, 2010

When I embarked on my study abroad adventure I knew I was a lucky girl. I was fortunate for several reasons including the fact that I had experience living away from home and family and had previously been out of the country. The trip was full of only good things for me. Nothing tempered my elation.

Halfway through our trip we found ourselves in Spain. During our time in Madrid we made arrangements to do a baptismal session in the temple. In my mind, I was not outwardly yearning to be home, though as soon as I set foot inside the temple doors, I was there. I listened to the most authentic Spanish my ears have heard yet found my home base.

The temple has the power to transform my mindset more than anything else. In the midst of life's deep waters, I find solid ground in the temple. It reminds me who I am, where I am from, and where it is I'm trying to go. My Grandpa is there and he always saw into my heart, to the person that I want to be. It truly is a place of love and beauty.

5 comments:

Molly said...

Beautiful post.

(I believe I may have taken that picture you... I certainly have one of me that is very similar. Going to the temple in Madrid was easily the coolest thing we did in Europe. What made it even cooler was sharing that experience with such great friends.:)

Mum said...

Thank you for having a wonderful heart to see into=)

Shannon said...

Lauren, I love that you posted about the temple last night. Whether you went to the temple or not for your mandatory relaxation, I love that it was on your mind. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Love you!

Anonymous said...

The temple trip to Madrid came at the perfect time, providing a perfect sanctuary. Isn't it amazing to feel like you are truly home inside any temple? I believe I have the same picture as well, I think we all do. :) Such good friends and good times from that study abroad.

emilie s. d. p. said...

I can't wait to go with you...next weekend!
Nice dress by the way, should I wear mine up there so we can be twinners :o)