December 21, 2009

Joyeux Anniversaire

I call this one birthday girl spying on penguins and it happens to be my favorite picture of the day. Janine had a birthday on saturday and I was excited to have the chance to spend it with her. It was a blast to plan the whole day and she was such a good sport to go along with it all, even as I lead her blind folded through parking lots and forgot to tell her when to step up!



Some captions to help complete the picture:

  • Janine and Katie. We had a birthday dinner of homemade pizza and jones soda with Janine's old roommate and good friend Katie.
  • Princess hat, check. Pink sprinkle cupcake, check. Princess candle, check. Pink balloons, check. Pink fingernails, check. Princess napkins, check.
  • Birthday girl with her loot. Super cute Anthropologie apron courtesy of yours truly.
  • Telling the bronze iguana off at the zoo. I stopped dead in my tracks and clutched my chest because of this little guy. Janine was rather amused.
  • MMM Berry Lemonade.
  • Janine was a great sport and wore her hat for a greater portion of the day and boy did it pay off. We had lunch downtown at Matsu sushi and our waitress clearly discerned that it was Janine's birthday. At the conclusion of our meal she brought out a complimentary nutter butter for the birthday girl!
  • Colin playing Ben Folds by request for the birthday girl...and sporting my hat which most guys seem to love to do.
  • Best birthday pancakes...not. For some reason these seemingly delicious pancakes looked the part but tasted disgusting. I may or may not have added the wrong amount of salt, blah.
  • The only picture we ended up with of the two of us. Taken at the end of a long day using self timer and the kitchen counter.
  • TJ is the master of crashing other people's pictures. He is also the creator of janine's birthday anthem, aka most random mix ever.
  • The pizza was delicious and much more successful than the pancakes. PS How cute is she?!
  • The aftermath of Janine most covertly smashing a cupcake in Jordan's face at her surprise party that night.
  • Like I said, she was a great sport. Every time we got in the car I made her put a blind fold on. She suffered through my constant mutterings at other drivers and sudden maneuvers all without her sense of vision to reassure her that we were not about to have an accident! At one point in the day she also had to climb across driver's seat to exit the vehicle due to a massive snow drift.
  • The princess hat with the soy sauce because we forgot to take a picture of our sushi!

2 comments:

Mum said...

Two great girls = one great day! Love you guys, looking forward to seeing you today=)

Mum said...

Every time I look at this it makes me smile=)