November 06, 2009

Late night musings

I have nothing of real importance to say but am simply enjoying being awake at 12:46am. This past week I've tried to be in bed by eleven in order to have more success waking up at the butt crack of dawn for work. I absolutely despise having to go to bed early. For one thing, Janine and I mostly only see each other at night and so hanging out together is such a relaxing and vital part of my nightly ritual.

Tomorrow I don't have to be anywhere until 10am so I am going to milk this friday night for all it is worth and not go to bed until my eyelids weigh a ton.

The fact that I work at a preschool is definitely setting in. Not only has the constant flow of green mucus triggered my gag reflex, it has finally broken down my immune system and sucked the energy right out of me. The most incriminating evidence came in the form of a verbal slip tonight. I was referring to a train and called it a choo choo, it was embarrassing how easily it slipped out. Really gotta keep the toddler talk in check. I've already caught myself saying "do you need to go poopy" bummer.

In other news, have you ever had the candy corn hershey kisses? In general I'm not a hershey's wax, I mean chocolate supporter but these things are seriously yummy.


PS Stay tuned for the Turkey Trot report, awesome pictures to follow.

PPS Is it next saturday yet? I really miss my sister.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

The Turkey Trot was last night?! Ooo, I feel a phone call coming on! And I think your verbal slips are endearing. Unless you asked your date if he needed to go poopy. That's just wrong.

Love you!

Rachel said...

The above comment is cracking me up! So funny how your verbal skills can disintegrate while talking to children...stay strong!Mmm...those kisses sound yummy

Anonymous said...

You are a brave soul, working with children who love to share their bacteria. I realized today that Jimmy and I have spent so much time with callings in Primary...while our ward's Primary Program was underway I found myself mouthing the words to songs to the kids, as if I was a teacher and needed to do that. The point of that was to say that I can see how easily your "kid talk" can rub off on you...and that is hilarious.
I trust any candy suggestion you give. I went out and bought those Brach Halloween pumpkins during October afer seeing them on here...and they were divine. Remember that one time that we thought we constantly needed an adequate supply of candy in our trusty travel bags in Europe? And if we ran out we immediately went out for more? It's really late and I just typed everything that I was thinking.

emilie s. d. p. said...

This post made me miss you so much for some reason! I think it made me think of the Riv and how often we all stayed up much later then needed just talking.

Can't wait to see the pictures!