This afternoon I developed a sore throat in support of the Creighton Jays. I'll take a men's soccer game over football any day of the week. They beat UCLA 1-0 and I wore an awesome shirt. Get it, Halloweenie...the wiener dog, haha!
This evening Janine and I concocted some pretty amazing costumes for a party. Janine was an incredibly convincing explorer/zoo keeper/ safari person, complete with a captive elephant and dirt on her face. I was Vermeer's Girl With A Pearl Earring complete with frame and a picture of the actual painting on my cellphone so that all those who were not art history buffs could see what I was referring to. I think I earned the "most likely to have to explain their costume over and over again" award with a side of originality. Some highlights of the evening include being mistaken for Mother Theresa and getting nailed in the face with one of Robin Hood's arrows.
10 comments:
You guys look awsome!
I love your costume! My goal for next year is to dress up like a painting. Sculpture is more difficult because there's a certain pose and there are many nudes haha. This year I carved my pumpkin like Munch's The Scream and it turned out pretty awesome.
Love your humor! That costume idea was great...I got it immediately and was thinking how clever you are...
Great costume Lauren. I wish I knew which painting you were talking about initially... someday I will be as cultured as you. Oh, and I like your hair in that earlier picture. Cute style.
Love ya!
Love the haircut Lauren, but love, love the t shirt!! Glad you found one:) You guys look like you had a lot of fun:)
Shut up! Are you really going skydiving on your birthday??? Love your shirt and costume! Jordan told me you dressed up like a painting. :)
You as the Girl with a Pearl Earring makes me very pleased to be friends with you.
Also, I would take soccer over any sport in the world, especially football. Good choice with that, and with the t-shirt. Hilarious.
PS Just thinking about you skydiving makes me wet my pants.
P.S. Considering the wonderful experience we shared when going to the Blue Grotto, I'm not sure skydiving is for you.
I can't believe you're going to sky dive on your next birthday! You are much braver then I am. It makes my heart race just thinking about it.
I totally got it (pat my own back) and I love it
Post a Comment