August 19, 2009
Did you see this movie?
I did, and I really liked it. It made me laugh. It made me want to cry a little. It left me feeling just a little raw, like that one time I saw The Holiday with Molly and we felt like we related just a little too much to Iris.
I liked 500 Days of Summer because Tom is a passionate architect at heart but struggles in the employment arena...sound familiar? Tom is vulnerable and too cute. (Yes, I did have to watch 10 Things I Hate About You the other day just to get a fix.) I loved the juxtaposition of reality and fantasy with regards to relationships. The movie has that artsy touch that I appreciate and I love, love, loved the soundtrack. You should definitely check that out even if you have no desire to see the movie!
What did you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I've been wanting to see this movie--I'm glad someone I trust recommends it.
I loved it. This was the first movie I have ever seen in the theater alone and I think that added to its greatness.
PS I am alive and in Columbus. And you are great.
No I haven't seen it yet, but I trust your recommendation (and Mallory's too).
Guess what? I thought of you today and smiled really big just because we are friends. How amazing is that?! (for me at least...). Love ya!
Am I the Molly you watched The Holiday with? I feel like we've seen so many movies together, I can't keep track. I'm assuming it's me just because Molly's not a very common name. Then again, there were 3 Mollys on our study abroad...
I'm afraid Molly number three that it was not you. It was my roommate Molly that I saw it with. You are the third Molly I became friends with, but no less dear to me!
I saw the movie but forgot to get the soundtrack. Thanks for the reminder. Now I'll imagine you singing all these songs to me as I listen to it. You lucky girl!
I have been wanting to see this, I really like both of these actors!!
Thanks for the recommendation. I feel like there are a lot of really awful movies out there lately, it's nice to know theres still some good ones to look forward to seeing.
I saw this movie over the weekend and the more I think about it, the more I love it. I especially liked the split screen reality/expectations part. The dancing scene was pretty fantastic too...
Post a Comment