July 11, 2009

Free Cake

Mom and I threw Grandma a surprise open house/party for her 80th birthday. We enjoyed a rather large sheetcake, Patsy Cline, almost fifty birthday cards, rather punchy lime punch, beautiful flowers, good company and a most successful surprise. We snagged a quick three generation picture as the festivities wore down. We don't have too many photos of the three of us so Mom and I were rather curious as we sat and looked at it.

I know we all share a pathetically thin upper lip, but do the three of us look like we are comprised of similar genetic material? Obviously my Grandma shares the same waist size as Barbie and I do not!


PS This happens to be the first posted picture of my new haircut, it also happens to be super flat today...bummer.

5 comments:

Molly said...

Um, hello? You look SO cute in this picture! I love the hair, flat or not. :) It's so fun to throw surprise parties. I once threw one for my mom and she was so surprised she about peed her pants... I hope your grandma was a little less surprised. :)

Anonymous said...

I will second Molly's comment--your outfit is so cute and I love the hair. You are so put together. And the party sounds so fun!

Shannon said...

So THIS is the Grandma, huh? Wow - she's even better than I pictured! Love the personality! You and your Mom are so awesome to throw a party for her. And you are rocking the new hairdo. Love it.

*Did I ever tell you about a time at Gloria's when they asked if I wanted "free-kay" and I had NO idea what they were talking about? I felt so foolish for not knowing that word in Italian and kept having Gloria (herself) repeat it, and then I realized she was asking, in English, if we wanted "free cake!" Still makes me laugh. Your title reminded me of that.

emilie s. d. p. said...

I love your hair cut. Your outfit is adorable too. I hope your grandma is doing well. Your mom looks really young.

Darcy said...

You look great, you always look so cute!