June 29, 2009

The Diary of a Seven Year Old

My mom had me go through a couple boxes of my old things today. I came across some real treasures like Keroppi notebooks and Hello Kitty Pencils, my personal progress book, crazy jewelry, (we're talking blue paper clip earrings with red hearts dangling from them) but the most entertaining find was some really old journals...circa 1992. I had to call Janine and read her a few hilarious entries and she suggested a post some highlights.

I think I'll leave my seven year old spelling mistakes in too.

November 19, 1992-

Today is Thursday. Today I got up and had a big yawn. Then I maed my bed. Then I got dressed. And went down stairs and had breakfast. Then I went to school. The crossing guard was not there. We moved a lot of things at school. We drew a pcture. I got to sit by James and bobby. Are report cards are tomorrow. Iget a new pair of shows (shoes!) tomorrow. Whene I got home I washed T.V. It was very fun!
September 6, 1994-
I'm on a diet so I lose some wate. I can't have a lot of things. But it is kind of fun. I go back to school on Thursday. I am excited, nervous and my teacher is Mrs. Lafkiss.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your show obsession goes much further back than I ever realized!
Janine

Shannon said...

What was that one you were telling me about a trip to the mall in Utah? Haha - this post has inspired me to go and find my own childhood journals. I need a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

I love that you wrote that you had a big yawn..this is hilarious.

I found a childhood journal not too long ago and thought about posting a few entries...you've inspired me.

Courtney N said...

Oh man! I loved Keroppi! I had all of that crap when I was younger!

C&C said...

You had Kerroppi, I had Pippo. Remember him? loved sanrio. too bad we were too poor to buy me more than a lunchbox. your journal entries are hilarious. now i can't wait to read mine when i go home tonight. why can't i see your temple pictures? it's bugging me.

Alyssa said...

You know, even though we didn't meet until we were in high school, I know we STILL would've been friends way before then. The whole Keroppi/Hello Kitty thing... and I swear my journal entries were exactly the same. One time I think I wrote about some bike safety assembly we had, who I sat by and how my friends and I discussed it on the way home.

Darcy said...

I love finding those kinds of things! They are so fun. You were a pretty good speller for being seven.