March 10, 2009

Almuerzo

"People- we need your money." Little Rascals
Well, actually I need your help, although feel free to offer money as well. These days I'm packing a lot of lunches/dinners to eat at school or at the store. At home, this means I load/unload an average of 2.5 actual dishes a week which is nice, but I do miss actually cooking and eating real meals. Another unfortuate result is that I am dead tired of packing a lunch. I'm so sick of eating the same things but I'm lacking ideas in how to spice things up.
A typical lunch:
  • Progresso soup- cheap, pretty healthy considering I go with the Light/One Weight Watchers point options.
  • Clementine
  • Yogurt

A typical dinner:

  • sandwhich- oven roasted turkey breast and pepperjack cheese
  • baby carrots
  • granola bar

My taste buds are dying for something new....what do you take for meals on the go?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No advice here. I was basically thinking the same thing today, but for the life of me I can't even think of what I like to eat anymore. Where's Rocco when you need him??

Shannon said...

I like salads. My sister just told me she brings a salad and a pita to work every day and switches the dressings/salad toppings she uses. She says people at work are always jealous. Cereal is always an option too. Good luck!

Mallory said...

Same as Shannon with the salads--I like to make a big one that I can have for a couple days in a tupperware. For me, it was leftovers a lot because when you cook meals for 2 people and the recipe is for 6, it happens. We make these enchiladas that are not too healthy, but they are quick and easy and taste great reheated. So maybe like trying a new recipe each week and having leftovers for a couple of days? It would work well with pasta, too. My friend Angie (there's a link to her blog off mine) is a great cook and does easy recipes like a good one for pizza that would be good for leftovers. I like the idea of homemade pizza because you can put lots of veggies on it and make it healthier, I guess. Sorry this is long and not so informative.