February 25, 2009

A terrible cliche

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. " -Audrey Hepburn


I do believe that true beauty comes from within. There is something quite wonderful and appealing about those who lift and praise instead of criticize and degrade. One of these days I will kick my terrible habit of complaining and focusing on the negatives. Maybe then I won't have to wear makeup anymore!

5 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

That's an amazing quote! I think I need to learn to be a little more positive these days.

Titensor Family said...

Hello who couldn't be better at doing that. You are extremely positive! You don't need to wear make up either. Love the post

BrookeJean said...

I love that! It gave me goosebumps ... or maybe that was the breeze blowing through my office. But either way. Thanks for sharing it!

Shannon said...

You are your toughest critic Lauren. I think you do a fabulous job of looking on the bright side.

*I saw you just read The Peacegiver. How did you like it?

Darcy said...

Lauren I just wanted to tell you that what little I know of you I think that you are a wonderful person. I love how you are so possitive about the kids and love every one of them. Keep smiling and I will keep checking out your blog!