For a brief moment I forgot where I was and swiftly recalled the fondness I have for all things Harry Potter. Lost in a tizzy of nostalgia I burst out (quite loudly I might add) "better be Gryffindor!" As my fist returned to a resting position from its jovial air pump, I looked over at my student and was instantly brought back to reality. I don't think he was assured of my adult status anymore.
ps for all you computer junkies that may be interested in a more constructive and charitable way to "waste time," may I suggest Free Rice. The fifth graders play this at school when they are finished with their work. Basically you answer questions about vocabulary, language, math and art. For each correct answer you earn a quantity of rice to be donated to the needy. The site is sponsored by the UN World Food Program. I just impressed the heck out of myself with my astounding vocabulary skills!
5 comments:
The way you eloquently word this great story makes it even funnier: "jovial air pump." Hahaha, thank you. You should write books.
Is that site for real? How awesome is that?
And I loved this post entirely. You are such a descriptive writer!
I love your blog! I usually don't comment because I don't read the posts until a few days after you post them, so I feel like it's too late to comment. But you're always makin me laugh! thanks :)
I would have loved to see that kids face. I bet your his favorite now!
I have a picture exactly like that! CLASSIC!
Post a Comment