February 18, 2009

The greatest find ever

Do not ask me how I found this, just be elated that I did. There is a store/museum/center in northern Alabama which houses a collection of unclaimed lost luggage. The items there run the gamate- from jewelry to electronics, sports equiptment, clothes and the most awesome movie memorabilia...EVER.

Their site purports some impressive finds- some rare and valuable. How, I ask, would one not claim their ancient artifacts or a full suit of armor? Hoggle for instance, is a movie prop from one of my all time favorite movies- Labyrinth. Hoggle assists "the girl" through the maze to the castle so that she can reclaim her brother before Jareth the goblin king keeps him forever.

Hoggle entered the realms of unclaimed luggage back in the 80's and I just don't understand it. How does one pack him up, get on a flight, and then not pick up his wrinkly face and bushy eyebrows at baggage claim?? Nevertheless, he now resides at their museum for all to see and enjoy. Too bad he is not for sale.



*Incidentally, I was informed this week that the Orem library had a CD on hold for me. It happened to be the motion picture soundtrack of Labyrinth. I've been waiting SO long!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Labyrinth-a memory I will never forget.

Mallory said...

This is amazing and I expect to hear "Dance, Magic, Dance" blaring in Precision Mountainwear soon.

Anonymous said...

I never thought that I would say this, but I want to go to Alabama now.
Janine

emilie s. d. p. said...

I cannot believe someone would just leave Hoggle behind. But then again, where were they planning on taking him in the first place?

I love that the soundtrack is on hold for you at the library too. One of my favorite songs ever is on there. It's the one Bowie sings when they're at the masquerade/ball thing.