I know the Grammy Awards were a week ago but there were just too many fantastic performances to not give a shout out. I'm a big fan of In Rainbows, so watching Radiohead perform 15 Step accompanied by the USC Marching band was an awesome spin on an already great track. Stevie Wonder wasn't entirely ruined by the Jonas Brothers, Superstition has always been a favorite of mine. Love, love, love Estelle and Kanye West's American Boy and their weird space age/retro get ups. Paul McCartney and surprise drummer Dave Grohl performed I Saw Her Standing There. For a minute I thought he had Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band there with him but no...that was Coldplay. Always happy to see them perform. On the contrary, I was utterly weirded out by MIA's super prego performance.The hour or so of the Grammy's that I actually saw got me thinking. Aside from recently rediscovering my love for David Bowie and Simon & Garfunkel, I seem to be in a little bit of a musical rut. I listen to the same stuff over and over right now. Spending 20+ hours a week listening to ipod playlists at work does not help the cause.
Are you listening to anything new/good/different/noteworthy?
*Hardly any videos available due to the copyright but some can be seen here.
2 comments:
You'll have to take a look at our iTunes when you come up here. I know Mitch has tons of great music that would be worth trying out. He just got the new Ben Folds album, do you like him?
I love your blog and I love Cold Play. I am glad you found my blog, keep visiting.
Post a Comment