I've been on a nerdy Art Historian reading kick for a while now and to be honest I'm slightly jealous of some of the major art looters during the second world war. So...I've decided to put together my own art collection, limited to painting and in the style of Hermann Goering. People put together their dream teams for basketball right, I'm just adapting for my own tastes. A curator I am not, so there isn't a theme or cohesion other than my interest. Some are included for strict aesethics, others for their incredible craft and back story.
*My apologies for incomplete captions...can't figure out how to edit those!



5 comments:
I LOVE that you did this post Lauren! Someday I'm going to sit down with you and you can tell me why you love each one and the stories you know behind each painting. I would love that.
Here are my favorites from the bunch (er, collection):
-Canaletto, Venice - for obvious reasons.
-Van Gogh's Bulb Fields - We had this framed in our house growing up and I've always been fascinated by it. I love the color, the serenity, the soberness in its muted colors and cloudy skies.
-Winslow Homer's Boys in a Pasture - also in our home growing up. I want to have a framed copy of this in my little boys' room (if/when that happens!).
-JMW Turner's The Fighting Temeraire. I like this mostly because of the sky and the colors.
-Monet's sea painting - for same reasons as above.
Hey if you want to, we can go and steal some of these. One of my favorite paintings, The Scream, has already been stolen twice. So how hard can it be?!
But seriously I LOVE art and I really like your little collection : )
It's true. After reading The Rescue Artist I realize just how easy it would be to obtain this fantasty art collection of yours, which is in one word: divine. Such a good collection. I am going to have to copy you and conjure up my own. Thank you for putting this up.
LOVE it.
I can't believe no works by Michelangelo were included.
Post a Comment