January 23, 2009

Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain





The patron saint of entertainment must have been on my side this evening. Amelie is one of my favorite films and was just what I needed to combat the funk tonight. Thank goodness for the Ovation channel which is dedicated to the arts, including fabulous French films!




*I've been lucky enough to see this movie several times edited, I do not recommend seeing it any other way.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I absolutely loved this film as well...I wonder if you can purchase an edited copy...it would be wonderful to own.

Anonymous said...

I adore this movie. It's so beautiful and fabulous.

emilie s. d. p. said...

I'm glad I got to see this movie with you a while back, it's cool we saw it on campus too...ah...memories. It definitely is a beautiful film.

Did your roomates watch it with you or did they just think you were watching another weird foreign film?
I'll never forget when they came home during that scene from A Room With a View.

C&C said...

my sister and brother in law LOVE this movie. I will have to check it out myself. did you buy "freakin' fabulous" or do you just go to the bookstore and sit and read it? i love clinton. i need to read it.