Who needs real dates or actual toys when instead, I could spend my saturday night with this cute guy who is enthralled with an empty diaper box!? I love spending time with my nephew even if he does like to spit his juice out and scream at the top of his lungs for fun. He is so adorable with his little duck and frog buddies (stuffed animals) and I just wanted to freeze time when he decided to snuggle with me on the couch after I got him in his jammies. I prefer not to think of the day when I don't live close enough to him, for now I'll just enjoy hearing his quack quack quack whenever I can.
Shannon and I acquired REALLY good seats/tickets to the First Presidency Devotional, there are two reasons why they were excellent. First being their location with regards to the stage. We were on the floor in the first section of seats by the VIP entrance. It is always fun to play I Spy and be up close to the speakers. The additional reason for their greatness is due to their relation to another set of tickets. After Shannon and I had been seated for a few minutes I had a mini heart attack when I saw my dear sweet roommate from sophmore year, Heather Tanner! I knew that she would be at the conference center for the event and so we had made previous arrangements to meet up afterward. Funny thing is we didn't really know where each others' seats were. I could not have been more happy to see her and I think the mad racing down the aisle, aggressive hug and tears streaming down my face attest to that fact. I love this girl so much and would be hard pressed to find a kinder person in the world.
After the wonderful devotional my heart was full of joy, Shannon and I took a gander around Temple Square to see the lights and I didn't feel cold for a second. Orange lights are all the rage this year, despite that Temple Square is a vision and you can't help but feel festive.
I am thankful for the opportunity to particpate in these events and to have that extra help to feel of the true Christmas spirit. I am also thankful for the lessons and talks at church today that inspired me. The following Neal A. Maxwell quote was presented in Relief Society and I love it:
Each of us is an innkeeper who decide if there is room for Jesus.
I am thankful for the opportunity to particpate in these events and to have that extra help to feel of the true Christmas spirit. I am also thankful for the lessons and talks at church today that inspired me. The following Neal A. Maxwell quote was presented in Relief Society and I love it:Each of us is an innkeeper who decide if there is room for Jesus.
3 comments:
Ooo, I love Temple Square at Christmastime! It looks lovely, orange lights and all, and I wish I could see it in person this year.
Beautiful pictures Lauren! I'm so glad we could go together and that I get to see you AGAIN this Saturday! Crazy that last night was such nice weather and today it's snowing!
That is so awesome you were able to go! It was a wonderful devotional and I kept thinking how lucky you were to be there while I was watching it.
Temple square is always so amazing during Christmas time too. I love your pictures and I kinda love the orange lights too.
Post a Comment