December 09, 2008

The rain came down and the floods came up

My heart resides in Venice but unfortunately Venice resides under beaucoup de water right now. I somehow think my nightly frolicks in the Piazza San Marco would not have been quite as much fun if I'd had to wade through five feet of water. I wonder what effect this has on the insane bird population of that square? Those must be some secure doors on Saint Mark's....the Tetrarchs have to be under water though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably because I am a germaphob but the thought of all those people sloughing through flooded Venice totally disgusts me. I would have done what the mayor asked and stayed my behind indoors.

emilie s. d. p. said...

I agree with Kendra, wading through all that dirty water sounds really gross.
I'm glad you were able to enjoy Venice flood free this summer.