December 03, 2008

The Cable Guy

As I sat eating my dinner this evening someone rang our doorbell. I was greeted by a college age cable salesman on the door step. He asked me if my parents were home...yeah my parents.

Today I happen to be wearing jeans and a zip up hooded sweater thingy so not the most sophisticated ensemble but seriously, my parents?!

I'm told that one day when I am older I will appreciate being mistaken for a younger age but for now I am simply reminded of a haircut I got about two years ago. This means I was twenty one at the time, however, according to my hairdresser I was not out of high school because she thought I was sixteen.

Maybe I need to start dressing more like my roommate because her wardrobe easily ages her a good thirty years.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

um, no. Don't dress like your roommate. I'd rather have you look young than be a social outcast. ;) Was he at least cute?

Rachel said...

Hilarious! I've always had that same problem....blah. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

BrookeJean said...

I wish I had that problem ...

emilie s. d. p. said...

That's hilarious! I can't believe he said that. He was probably just trying to act like he was wise and mature.
And don't even kid about dressing like your roomy...that's scary!

Hilary Jan said...

HAHAHA!!