
Remember how Duran Duran was the first concert I went to and how before I came to college my exposure to 80's music was extremely limited. Well Alyssa sure fixed that for me and pretty soon I became a huge fan of not only Duran Duran but many other big hair band gems like Tears For Fears and Thompson Twins. So around Lehi, Wild Boys came on and I laughed so hard that I nearly cried (I'm sure I wasn't driving consistently either!) It seems hard to believe, but my sophmore year at BYU found a few of my roommates and I conspiring to put together the best ward talent show performance ever. We dressed up as boys, aka borrowed shirts and ties from some guys in our ward and got ourselves some sweet mustaches, and choreographed a dance number to one of Duran Duran's biggest hits. Looking back, I don't think our Bishop really appreciated this one but to me, it is one of the more funny cherished memories of my collegiate experience, easily relivable any time I hear the song!
5 comments:
this post actually made me quasi excited about my commute to Payson that I will soon be making every day. It is a good time to rock out, think, etc.
Oh, and Craig and I went into a halloween store at teh mall last night and I totally thought of you. Could they make any more slutty costumes? they take normal things ie: indians, ups workers, soccer players, etc, and add the word "sexy" in front of them as an excuse to make a skanky woman's halloween costume. I was laughing and appalled at the same time.
Um, how could your Bishop not appreciate it? It was a dance number to Duran Duran!
watching the video of that talent show is an experience EVERYONE should have! I'm glad you had a fun, somewhat-safe drive back home!
I'm also SO glad I got to see you last night... and that I get to see you today too. I'm one lucky girl!
I totally remember that talent show. You guys were the only ones with any real talent there that night.
I remember you guys dancing around at the talent show! It was awesome!
Post a Comment