September 25, 2008

Seriously?

*Disclaimer*
This post is not meant to be mean spirited but you know
if I have to put a disclaimer, then it must be kind of bad!

A contributing part to the non stop entertainment value of my current job is the downright tacky ensembles. I am continually shocked and appalled at what people show up in, therefore stating that they believe it to be appropriate for a business casual work environment. We're talking faded jeans and over sized hoodies, ick! Checker board belts, flip flops and visible tramp stamps. Work out pants and t-shirts, not to mention the occasional Japanese girl costume. I suppose a CEO who walks around in sweats and baggy t-shirts doesn't really hold up a very high expectation. Seriously, the first time I saw her up close she was sporting yellow sweats, a purple t-shirt and a black zip up. Even for casual fridays, I think sweat shorts are pushing the envelope. My coworker Laura, whom I happen to think is quite stylish and always appropriately dressed, suggested that this might just be the perfect office for Stacy and Clinton to take over. Honestly, it would be a What Not To Wear first, but needed non the less. I know S&C would have a heyday over a powerful/successful/young woman showing up to her job and commanding no authority in her appearance.

I am serving under no false illusions that I am the most fashion forward person in the world but I do try, and I think I look decent enough each day to be able to pass judgment. Having Laura at work is a huge relief because we both register the monstrosities that people wear and can depend upon one another to react appropriately...all this takes place over strategically exchanged post it notes of course!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless the person who invented post-it notes!

Shannon said...

Oooo - I LOVE your idea for an entire office What Not to Wear show! I dare you to sign the office up!

How is your day off going? Aren't you SO excited about tomorrow night?

In other world news, I picked up Austenland from the library last night and I am LOVING it so far. So funny!

Mallory said...

That would be amazing if you nominated your entire office for What Not to Wear! I have never heard of that many employed office workers wearing such things...so grateful you realize what to wear in a work setting.

emilie s. d. p. said...

That is so insane. I know that I try to get away with a lot but I would NEVER show up to work in sweatpants! Yikes. Glad you have your post it note friend to share in the humor of it all.

Jonathan and Laura said...

Oh Lauren, I see all of this at work, but it's so much funnier hearing you talk about it. I'm so glad I finally looked at your blog. After the woman man suit today I'm even closer to calling Stacie and Clinton!