Good news blogging world: I'm back! As of this coming week you can expect frequent and engaging (I hope) posts from my blog once again! As I come to the end of a grand adventure I feel both sadness at it's conclusion and anticipation for good things to come. Upon returning to Provo, I will be greeted by student loans and health insurance...bills that I have not yet had to worry about in my charmed college life. I need to find a job and somewhere to live preferably sooner rather than later. Luckily, I will also be greeted by plenty of friends whom I have missed dearly while on the grand tour, not to mention two months of salary at the library before I get my diploma.
Current Pros and Cons list to being home:
PRO- I can sleep in my bed and not worry about icky sheets and what other guests may or may not have done prior to my being there.
CON-I have to make my own bed and breakfast now.
PRO- Won't have to guess what capers are or worry about getting the runny boiled egg.
CON- Can't get away with eating delicious European chocolate EVERY day.
PRO- I can speak and be understood (relative to brain capacity which varies daily).
CON- Work almost every morning at eight.
PRO- I have an income, for a while.
CON- I won't be in Europe anymore.
PRO- I can use my cell phone to call my mom and my sister anytime I want to.
PRO- I can email at leisure and peruse the web until my heart's content.
CON- There might not be much noteworthy to report in those emails.
PRO-Some of my study abroad loves are going to be in Provo too.
PRO- I don't have to live out of an extremely small suitcase or rotate the same six shirts.
PRO- When I blow my nose at night it won't be black from the metro.
CON-I dont' know how on earth I'm going to manage weather about 75 degrees.
Though I won't miss the creepy and cramped pod showers or awkward 'male attention,' as my professor so delicately puts it, I will miss the excitement and adrenaline and new friends this adventure has afforded me. It has been a fantastic opportunity that I look forward to reliving as I sift through my thousands of pictures, stay tuned as they will be making an appearance in the coming weeks. Efkaristo (thanks) for all your emails while I've been away!
On the old record player: Lost, Coldplay (I bought Viva La Vida the day it came out and have been listening to it every chance I get. It is definitely a different sound due to Chris Martin's voice and the presence of more instruments than usual. Right now my favorites are Lost, Life in Technicolor, and Strawberry Swing.)
3 comments:
I'm sorry you have to leave your grand adventure but I'm excited to see pictures and hear stories!
I'm a completely selfish person--I am SO glad that you're coming home. Yay! I hope to see you sometime soon; call me when you have a chance!
Hooray! I can't wait to read your coming posts, they will definitely help me get through my work day a little bit easier...and I really can't wait to see all those pictures! I love, love, LOVED getting your emails and seeing little snippets of photos but I'm ready for the mother load now!
Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment