June 29, 2008

Divine Design

As a young woman I often accompanied my mom as a visiting teaching companion. I have also had the opportunity to serve in various Relief Society capacities which resulted in an appreciation and strong testimony of the visiting teaching program. Whilst my visiting teachers were over today the spirit reaffirmed to me this existing testimony.

June's message deals with the premortal existence and includes a quote from Elder Scott. My visiting teachers opened their message with the following statement:

"...You were taught and prepared for the circumstances you would personally encounter in mortality..."

This quote really spoke to me tonight and I am thankful to my valiant visiting teachers for sharing it with me when they did.

On the old record player: Defying Gravity, Wicked

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I had to come check your blog before heading to bed. I'm glad I did. That comment helps me too. Can't wait for this weekend! love you!

Frédérique Stone Carroll said...

please feel free to link to my blog. thank you for the encouragement on my italy experience. and thank you for this thought, also something that i needed to hear!

emilie s. d. p. said...

I know wasn't June's message awesome!?! At first I had no idea how I was going to apply a topic like that to my life or anyone else's but it turned out to be an amazing lesson. I especially liked the last quote by Kimball too.