April 07, 2008

A piece of my childhood....

Anyone else remember this?

This walk down memory lane all began when my coworker Aarika started a conversation with me about cool pens. Little did she know, I was a most valued customer and filled up many a punch card at the Sanrio store.
Starting on the top left we have Hello Kitty, Pochaco, the "bad one" whose real name I can't remember. On the bottom row, Kerropi, Spotty Dottie, and my favorite...Pekkle, the ever affable duck. In addition to Winki Pinki, these were the regulars in my pencil case.

I still have a collector's tin at home filled with pencils, erasers, stickers, little notebooks, pens and stamps. I really should force myself to get rid of it but probably won't so long as my parents have ample storage space.

On the old record player: Be Here Now, Ray Lamontagne

6 comments:

C&C said...

HA! that brought me so much joy! i had these sweet corduroy overall with hello kitty on them when i was really litte, and then a pippo lunchbox (he's not as well known--he's the pig. i love him) and some kerropi stuff. i remember keroppi was the really popular one at my school.

Lauren Jayne said...

OH MY GOSH! I cannot believe that I forgot Pippo. I totally remember him, I had his stuff too!! I knew there was a reason I loved you Candice.

Alyssa Bluemel said...

I believe the bad character to which you were referring is Batz Maru. I've always wondered why Hello Kitty's name is a greeting and a name, but I realized it's not appropriate to question these wonderful little creatures.

Anonymous said...

I wonder just how much money we spent at the Sanrio store when we lived in California.
Janine

Hilary Jan said...

This apparently didn't get to me in Nebraska becuase I have no idea who these characters are. PS I love Ray Lamontagne!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad was able to remind you of your precious memories of Kerropi and Pekkle. Ha ha, too cute.