March 19, 2008

Let's Face It....

I've got a bit of a crush, on a gay man.

This man has the most incredible voice, writes fabulous lyrics, composes beautifully on the piano and guitar, and puts on a dang good show.
He is good natured (even in lame interviews) and incredibly funny. In between songs, he was chatty with the crowd. Aside from blessing the world through his music, he is actively involved in many other things. Most recently he partnered up with H&M in their Fashion Against Aids clothing line. He was also commissioned by the Metropolitan Opera house to create an opera.
Rufus' concert was amazing and solidified my resolve to see him again somewhere down the road.

On the old record player: Slideshow, Rufus Wainwright

3 comments:

C&C said...

who doesn't have a crush on a gay man? anderson cooper, lance bass...at least i liked him circa 1999....

emilie s. d. p. said...

I love these pictures, he's such a cutie!
I do hope to see him in concert again too. I just loved how talkative and friendly he seemed.
I hope you get to see him perform in Spain, that would be amazing!

Anonymous said...

I know how much you love him so I'm so happy that you were able to see him. Sounds like fun. I'm going to give his cd another listen and if we can't get together I'll mail him back to you.