February 20, 2008

HOORAY

I never did get around to posting after I read about the museum burglary in Zurich last week but I did just read this on one of the art websites I frequent. It makes me so happy to know that these paintings were recovered and can again be enjoyed by anyone who wants to see them instead of being held up in some kleptomaniac billionaire art collector's secret lair.


On the old record player: Close to me, The Cure

2 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

I don't know why but when I read this post it made me want to have a secret lair really, really bad! But I promise that when I do have a secret lair, I won't steal great art and hide it there for my personal gratification.

Anonymous said...

As Ellen DeGeneres pointed out--who leaves valuables in a car?!! Mercy! I mean--let's steal hundreds of millions of dollars worth of paintings and then leave everything in a car-that sounds brillant. I too am glad that they've been recovered but I just want to know what goes on in the mind of an art thief.