January 17, 2008

My Tentative Schedule

This is basically what I'll be doing this Spring. Broken down day by day, you can mark it on your calendars. That way each day you think of me while I'm gone you will know more or less what I've been up to! I cannot put into words the emotions that rise up inside of me when I think of me actually being a part of this incredible experience.

W April 3O - Departure

Th May 1 - Arrivi in Athens

F 2 - Akropolis; Agorà; Ancient Athens

Sa 3 - National Archaeological Museum

Su 4 - Church in Athens

M 5 - train to airport; flight to Rome

T 6 - Colosseum, Forum, Imperial Fora

W 7 - Museo Nazionale Romano

Th 8 - Vatican Museums

F 9 - St. Peter’s, Campus Martius (Pantheon, Caravaggio)

Sa 10 - Sta. Maria Maggiore; S. Prassede; S. Pudenziana; S. Pietro in

Vincoli (Michelangelo’s Moses)

Su 11 - Church in Rome

M 12 - S. Maria della Vittoria, S. Carlo alle Quattro Fontane, S. Andrea,

Trevi Fountain

T 13 - Tempietto, S. Maria in Trastevere; S. Cecilia; il Gesü

W 14 -train to Napoli; Cicumvesuviana train to Sorrento

Th 15 - Pompeii

F 16 - Capri

Sa 17 - Train to Firenze (Florence) / giro di Firenze; Museo dell’Opera

del Duomo

Su 18 - Church in Florence

M 19 - Daytrip to Ravenna

Tu 20 - Uffizi; Accademia; S. Lorenzo and Medici Tombs

W 21 - Train to Venezia (Venice) / giro di Venezia

Th 22 - S. Maria Gloriosa dei Fran; S. Marco; SS. Giovanni e Paolo

F 23 - Museum Choice Day

Sa 24 - train to Milano (Milaan); Cathedral; Sant’Ambrogio

Su 25 - church in Milano

M 26 - bus to airport; flight to Barcelona, Spain

T 27 - Cathedral, S. Maria del Mar; German Pavilion, Museum of

Catalonian Art

W 28 - Gaudi Day — Casa Milo, Sagrada Familia, Casa BattlO

Th 29 - Train to Madrid

F 30 - Prado Museum

Sa 31 - Daytrip to Toledo

Su June 1 - Church in Madrid

M 2 - Flight to Paris — Cathedral of Notre Dame; Ste. Chapelle

T 3 - Louvre

W 4 - Daytrip to Laon and Amiens

Th 5 - Cluny Museuml trip to Chartres

F 6 - Museé d’Orsay

Sa 7 - Daytrip to Versailles

Su 8 - Church in Paris

M 9 - St. Denis; Museum Choice

T 10 - Chunnel to London, St. Paul’s, Temple Church; Westminster

Abbey

W 11 - British Museum

Th 12 - National Gallery; St. Martin in the Fields; Journals Due

F 13 - Museum choice Day! Journals Returned pm

Sa 14 - Breakfast program ends, Buon viagglo’

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate you. No, I'm super excited for you! And don't worry I'll mark my calendar--right after I tear down my Lauren and Kendra Forever poster. Kidding.

emilie s. d. p. said...

Oh my goodness! I am so incredibly jealous! You better be blogging on this trip!...if you can find the time. Take tons of pictures. How about you practice your photograpy skills and take some rad pictures in greece for me to blow up and put on my wall. That way I can tell everyone that I went there.

layne said...

mamma mia can i have your LIFE?! sounds glorious. hope your prayer went well!

C&C said...

YAY! how fun! I'm jealous too, but I still love you. put me in one suitcase and craig in another. you knwo you miss us!

BrookeJean said...

JEALOUSY!!!