October 02, 2007

What the Dickens?

So apparently my lack of coordination needs no ice for me to slip and fall on but can accomplish the task on many a surface. Today I fell down twice my friends, not once but twice. Can a girl get a break here?? For the first time since I started taking kickboxing in 2005 I tripped and wiped out in class today. We were doing a new step and I guess I just wasn't really paying attention to my footwork (probably distracted by the profanity in the song we were listening to) and before I knew it my butt and the ground made contact and I just ended up flat on the ground from momentum. Luckily I had a nice bit of padding so I didn't really hurt much. I'm vaguely aware of hitting my elbow and my foot doing something unnatural but nothing that kept me from laughing and jumping back into sync with the workout.

The second fall was a bit different though. I was talking to my sister on the phone whilst arriving home from a trip to Walmart with Lacey. We spotted Candice and Craig nearby in her car so we decided to go and surprise them. I jumped up on the side walk and fairly soon after hitting the gravely and unfinished concrete when I biffed it and landed on the other elbow and hip. This little spill hurt much more and gave me some bloody abrasions oh and the padding in my nether regions did not prevent me from being hurt! Lacey did inform me that it was a very graceful fall so that has got to count for something. However if tomorrow you see a cripple hobbling around campus with a third elbow it is probably me so be nice!In other less abusive news I got some mocha highlights this morning and I love love love them.

2 comments:

a Watson said...

Love the hair! Did you do it yourself?

I've decided that there is something in the air that is affecting our balance/coordination. I hope you're not too sore today from the spills!

Love ya!
-Shannon

Anonymous said...

Where's the picture board??? Well I hope you had a great Conference Sunday.
And your hair does look terrific!!!