When I was in AP English in high school we did practice essays in preparation for the real thing. One of the prompts I remember having to write on was the Santa Ana winds, a fairly random topic that does not lend itself well to essay writing.
Any of us who pay an inkling of attention to the news are aware that southern California is currently plagued by violent fires. Though I feel compassion for those who have had to evacuate or have already lost their homes or possessions I do not personally know anyone who has been affected by these fires.
Malibu is one area in particular (and a beautiful one at that) that has sustained substantial damage. It also happens to be home to J. Paul Getty's classical collection housed in a recreated Roman Villa that is perched ever so serenely on a cliff overlooking the ocean right off of the Pacific Coast Highway. I would just like to ask mother nature if at all possible to not burn down my favorite museum, the Getty Villa. Please do not throw rocks at me when I walk outside but this happens to be the most incredible collection of Greek and Roman antiquities that I have ever laid eyes on.
1 comment:
Maybe because of your blog mother nature will have more compassion when considering your museum!!!
Post a Comment