September 15, 2007

Party Party Fiesta

I think my accomplice will agree that this past friday night was superb. I am wholeheartedly biased when it comes to this but there is nothing better than a little culture in the form of a museum function. Even our quaint M.O.A. has some of that to offer. Grant Stevens an Australian videographer (with a fabulous accent I might add) was in the house to present the opening of his new exhibit Cliche and Collusion. I walked away with more awareness of my tendency to accept the meaningless culture portrayed by the media and how I have allowed it to distort my perception of daily life. Video art is not my forte however I felt that I was definitely the target audience for his work. Stevens' idea was genius and I believe it produced the exact desired effect on those who viewed the exhibit. Make a trip to the M.O.A. and it will be worth your while if you are a person who likes to have their paradigm of thinking challenged.

So I'm an Art History major, everyone knows I love the M.O.A. but what you may not know is that I love gelato too....as of last night! Thanks to Shannon's coworker who recommended this funky little gelateria I got a taste of something too yummy for words and tastier than the churros from the fiesta. The place is called Maestros and it is in downtown Provo on the west side of Center St. Just a warning that proportion of gelato to cost is absolute rubbish but my friends it is worth it! If you need a recommendation the cheesecake and raspberry was scrumptious!

2 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

It sounds delicious! When can we go??

Shannon said...

I'm pretty sure I loved that whole evening. Are you up for another cultural event this Saturday evening? Cinema Paradiso (an Italian film) is showing at the International Cinema and I have the most famous of Italian cakes to share afterwards. Dimmi quando tu sai, va bene? Ciao bella!