August 28, 2007

Good Stuff

I've always been a big fan of quotes and I came across another fabulously pertinent one today. For the past year I'd say my plight has been learning how to live my life in spite of those troublesome things that occur that I have no control over. Oftentimes I get so hung up on these things that I feel no energy or drive to actually change the things I do have control of.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
"
-Reinhold Niebuhr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do that your new favorite quote is the motto for Alcoholics Anonymous, right? I would not know this, except that I had to go to a meeting when I was in nursing school. Regardless, it is a good quote.
Love you,
Janine

Lauren Jayne said...

Weird, I knew it sounded familiar!