December 17, 2006

Where is the Love?


So now that Provo-ton-shire inhabitants no longer have to dream of a white christmas due to the fact that we got a hold load of that fluffy white stuff dumped on us over the weekend my scooter and I will probably not ride together again until the new year!


This past week we reached a milestone in the history of our wonderful six month relationship, the six hundred mile mark. Now if one was a scooter officionado one would know that means its time to change the oil... or check it... or do something with it. Despite my focused efforts to read the manual I lack the confidence to accomplish the task myself. Most likely after the break and the snow I will take it over to the dealership and have some hunk of a guy do it for me.


After reaching this monumental point I have found myself reflecting on my experiences riding my scooter which I have found myself affectionately referring to as scoot-scoot. Highlights over the past few months include but are not limited to the following:


  • filling up for gas the first time and being pleasantly suprised with a bill of only $2.73 not to be confused with $273 as the attendant at the Chevron was

  • being nodded/yelled/whistled at by people mostly guys simply because we were both driving scooters, I think my favorite is "the nod"

  • almost dying probably about once a week due to ridiculous and unaware Utah drivers including one who was driving a rather large semi truck

  • finding my scooter surrounded by random people proding and looking at it, this seems to happen with a lot of old men actually

  • finally buying a helmet after a little spill during which the gravel and cement of university avenue and I had a slight confrontation which left a permanent dent in my left thigh and scaring that ruined any hopes I had of becoming an ankle or elbow model

  • taking my first passenger for a ride, my lover and friend Alyssa to 7-Eleven for a little slurpee action boy it was sweet. Which did she enjoy more, stradling me or drinking the slurpee, who knows?!

2 comments:

BrookeJean said...

Looks like it has been awhile since you posted. I'm bored at work so I thought I'd say hi and ask you if you were wearing a skirt yesterday with a black shirt. I am pretty sure I saw you but I wasn't sure enough to call out your name and be embarassed when someone else turned around.

BrookeJean said...

Oh I totally spaced something ... I got a scooter also! We should probably join a scooter gang and instill fear into pedestrians as we drive by ...